Guardianship & Conservatorship Lawyer in California

West Covina, Upland, and Moreno Valley

If your loved ones are not able to make their own decisions with respect to healthcare, lifestyle or finances, it may be necessary to have a Guardianship and/or Conservatorship in place. A guardian is a person appointed by the court who is responsible for decisions with respect to your loved one’s health, lifestyle and living situation. Whereas a conservator is a person appointed by the courts who protects and manages your loved one’s financial matters. A Guardianship and/or Conservatorship may be necessary for a disabled person, an elderly parent who is vulnerable or an elderly parent who is afflicted with Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. A guardian and conservator might also be appointed over a minor child who has lost their parents or inherits a sum of money. Hedtke Law Firm will assist you in petitioning the courts to appoint a responsible person as the guardianship and/or conservatorship of your loved one. This can be a difficult process and situations and questions will arise that Hedtke Law Firm can help you with. Further, there may be a question of whether an individual would be the ideal person to fill the roles of guardian or conservator or if it would be best to have an independent third party appointed. Here at the Hedtke Law Firm we will guide you in handling these situations and questions in an effective and sensitive manner.